1. Who We Are
Parking and Enforcement Agency Limited (PEA or PEA Parking) (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
PEA Parking Ltd.’s registered office is at Marlborough House, 30 Victoria Street, Belfast, BT1 3GG and we are a company registered in the UK under company number NI071262. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register Z1784627 and act as the data controller when processing your data. Our designated Data Compliance Officer can be contacted at email@example.com / 0330 024 5533.
Other details include our website, www.peaparking.eu and we can be contacted at the above phone number / firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also a registered member of the British Parking Association (BPA).
2. Information That We Collect
PEA Parking Ltd. processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you is: –
- Phone Number (Landline / Mobile)
- Vehicle Registration Number
- Bank/Payment Card Details
- Passport/ Driving License
- Proof of Address
- Unique reference number (Appeal Process)
- DOB (if supplied)
We collect information in the below ways: –
- Web contact forms
- General Customer Query Form
- Business Enquiry Form
- Business Call Back Form
- Permit Application Form
- Phone call/email to our Customer Support team
- PCN Tickets
- Employment CV and Records
- Supplier Set-up Forms
- Client Contracts and Site Set-up Forms
3. How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
PEA Parking Ltd. takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs) – The parking areas, car parks and sites managed by our CEO’s, otherwise knows as Patrol Officers, are manually patrolled sites either by our own patrol personnel or directly enforced by our clients and their patrol personnel. All patrol personnel are trained to the highest standard in line with the British Parking Associations Code of Practice. When the patrol officers issue a Parking Charge Notice (PCN), as part of the process they will collect images of your vehicle, your vehicle registration number, make/model and colour of your vehicle. We may also obtain the details of the registered keeper of the vehicle from the Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA).
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) – We monitor the entry and exit of our privately managed ANPR car parks/sites ANPR Cameras. Images of vehicles including it’s surrounding and vehicle registration numbers will be captured to calculate the length of stay and enforce non-compliance of the terms and conditions of entry on to our privately managed car parks/sites.
- Appeals – If you decide to appeal a parking charge notice and we decline your appeal, then we will provide you with a unique reference number where you can further contest the PCN with an independent adjudicator known as POPLA and/or the BPA which was set up by the British Parking Association. In which case, we will share the case file with POPLA.
- Permits – We provide parking permits on behalf of our clients. In all instances, we will need to verify your address/license. We can also process permits at the request of the client, who in some instances will provide your details to us in order for us to process your permit.
- Customer Service – General queries, which include business call back requests, can be made through our website contact form or by calling us directly at the number indicated above (point 1). Information provided is used for the specific purpose of reading, investigating and answering your query.
4. Your Rights
You have the right to access any personal information that PEA Parking Ltd. processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible within one month; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Contact details: email@example.com / 0330 024 5533
5. Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. PEA Parking Ltd uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
SolutionLabs: We use SolutionLabs Ltd. to manage the PCN process. Their software is used to manage this process. They also manage the PCN appeals. The information they process on our behalf is name, email, contact number, vehicle registration, bank card details, proof of identification (where applicable).
parkbytext:We use parkbytext to process e-parking payments in our sites, and permit applications. The information they process on our behalf is vehicle registration, name, address, contact number, proof of residency, identification, bank card/payment details.
ZatPark: We user ZatPark to process enforcement (clamping) and appeal actions in Northern Ireland, in line with legislation there. The information they process on our behalf is name, email, contact number, vehicle registration, bank card details, proof of identification (where applicable).
6. Safeguarding Measures
PEA Parking Ltd. takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
SSL, TLS, encryptions, pseudonymisation, restricted access, IT authentication, firewalls, anti-virus/malware .
7. Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. PEA Parking Ltd. does not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
8. Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to PEA Parking Ltd., however, as this information is required for us to ensure parking compliance on the privately owned/managed car parks or sites we manage, we will not be able to offer our services without it.
9. Legitimate Interests
As noted in the ‘How We Use Your Personal Data’ section of this notice, we occasionally process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we have carried out a thorough Legitimate Interests’ Assessment (LIA) to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests; ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
We use the legitimate interests’ legal basis to pursue a motorist for unpaid parking charges relating to trespass and breach of contract, and to ensure safety and security and help deter/detect criminal activity.
10. How Long We Keep Your Data
PEA Parking Ltd. only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
11. Lodging A Complaint
PEA Parking Ltd. only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Information Commissioner’s Office
T: 0303 123 1113
12. Cookie Notice
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however, if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.